Power Over Ethernet Validation
TestPro provides comprehensive test functionality for verifying PoE deployments. All PoE standards including 802.3at/af/bt are supported up to 90W. The PoE source can be tested with the actual load connection. TestPro offers the unique ability to test internal and external loads over a sustained time period to validate the maximum power a PoE device can support. TestPro will also check that the cable installation supports the required power to turn on PoE devices.
In addition to operational tests on PoE, the tester enables characterization of cabling links for resistance unbalance parameters in accordance with the latest TIA 1152A standard for certification testing.
When performing a PoE test, a remote tester is not needed as you are testing directly into the switch. In this case, you may convert your Remote tester into a Main under Setting/Device Type and deploy each tester individually to perform these tests.
- PSE detection
- Voltage: Voltage drawn by the PD
- PSE Type: 1-2, 2, 3-4, and 4 –different types have different allocated power
- PD Class: 0-8 –different classes have different allocated power
- PoE Cable airs: Cable pairs used to transmit electrical power
- Allocated Power: Power allocated for the PD
- Real Power: Power when internal load is used
- Internal and External Load Tests:
- Real Power: The power consumed when TestPro uses internal component to test the actual power coming out of the PoE device.
TestPro’s LiveWiremap™ facilitates rapid cable continuity testing with automatic display of result the moment the cable is attached for both copper and fiber. TestPro offers TDR fault location for Shield, Return Loss and NEXT aiding in problem identification. Support for MPTL, Patch Cord, Cat8, and Coax is available through hot swappable adapters.