- Useful for moves/adds/changes/troubleshooting, NSA will connect to a live network either through the built-in 10/100/1000 or through the AD-NSA Adapter (included with all NSA models) and connecting to the Multi-gig network interface. Users can also connect via wireless using an optional Edimax WiFi USB adapter (EW-7822ULC). Once NSA is connected, the auto-discovery feature displays connected devices on the network. Ping any other device on the local network or the internet to determine connectivity and latency.
- See switch detail including Port/VLAN, switch name, make/model, port capabilities and MAC/IPv4/IPv6 and VLAN usage detail (wired Ethernet only)
- Display list of IP & MAC addresses for connected devices. Useful for identify devices, including unknown devices attached to network.
- Select any IP address to view that device details, MAC address, and more.
- View Local Area Network details such as Gateway, Subnet Mask, DHCP Server.
- Use Ping to verify point-to-point connectivity or out to the Internet by selecting pre-defined or custom website URLs and see latency details.
- Traceroute is useful in determining if internet connection latency is within the local network or beyond.
- Network Autotest includes the network discovery, connected devices, network map, ping and LAN speed.
- WiFi SSID/RSSI discovery, Signal Strength Test with options for Auto Connect, WiFi Handoff enable/disable with editable RSSI threshold for handoff provides the ability to find weak spots in coverage and confirm handoff behavior throughout the coverage area.
Note: The Edimax WiFi USB adapter EW-7822ULC is regional specific and should be purchased from Amazon or preferred retailer.